Aaliyah had pure raw talent. Although I was a small child, around 6 when she died, I remember singing her songs throughout my childhood. Her music is truly timeless and her voice is one I won’t forget.
It is so tragic when people die suddenly and as young as Aaliyah (August 25th, 2001, 22 years-old). I remember looking at her interviews and documentaries just to see more of the type of person she was (I was a bit obsessed). Aaliyah seemed so genuine and confident in herself. She didn’t have to be like others in the industry.
Recently her family announced her collection with MAC cosmetic line, which is set to release this upcoming summer.
I have created a list of some of my favorite songs by Aaliyah! If you haven’t already check them out! (Some will have video links to youtube as well).
- “The one I gave my heart to” Video HERE
- “At your best” Video HERE (I love both versions)
- “More than a woman” video HERE
- “Hot like fire” Video Here
- “We need a resolution” Video Here
- “I care for you”
- “Come over”
- “One in a million”
- “4 page letter” Video HERE
- “Miss you” Video Here
- “Try Again” Video Here **Loved the choreography and looks in this video!
- Are you that somebody” Video Here